Bitter Leaf has Latin name as Andrographis Paniculate Ness. It is efficacious as a medicine. This plant is thought to have come from tropical Asia. In many areas, Sambiloto known Andiloto (Java), Jambiroto/Pepaitan (Madura), Chuan Xin Lin (China), Ki Oray (Sunda), and many others. During this time of bitter leaf known as bitterness. But apparently behind the bitter taste possessed turned out to contain a variety of many benefits for our health. Bitter leaf included in Acanthaceae family. This plant grows wild in open places such as roadsides, in fields, on vacant land rather damp soil or planted in the garden as a medicinal plant. This plant is easy to do reproduction and can plant in lowlands to 700 m above the sea level. Nutrition of Bitter Leaf Lactone and bitter leaf contain flavonoids. Lactone obtained from leaves and branches, respectively contain deoxy andrographolide, 14-deoxy-n, 12-didehydroandrographolide, andrographolide, and homoandrographolide. There are also ketones, alkane, aldehydes, potassium, sodium, calcium, acid grit, and resin. Flavonoids itself applying lots of roots, namely polimetoksiflavon, andrgrafin, pan ikulin, mono-0-metilwithin, 4-dimetiler, and apigenin-7. With its rich nutritions Bitter leaf is one most powerful same with benefits of turmeric, here are the powerful Benefits of Bitter Leaf :
1. Reduce The Fever The bitter leaf contains an antiseptic that is very effective to reduce the heat inside. The content of andrographolide lactones, glucosides, diterpene,and flavonoids serve to reduce Fever. You must: boil 10 grams of dried bitter leaf, 25 g dried turmeric tuber (2.5 thumbs), and 200 cc of water. Boil until the water boils and stay 100 cc, then strain. When still warm, add 100 cc or mahogany cotton flower honey and stir well. Divide into 3 parts, gives three times a day.
2. Prevent Cancer The bitter leaf can treat hydatidiform mole, trophoblastic tumor and lung tumor which was the forerunner of cancer. Andrographolide bitter extract shows activity in particular substances that are effective in preventing liver disease/liver, improve the immune system, anti-cancer, and so forth. Some studies report that the plants can stop the activities of gastric cancer cells, can inhibit tumor growth.Bitter leaf extract can inhibit the growth and development of breast cancer cells. To make a drug of bitter herbs: Can be done by combining the bitter leaf with turmeric. Curcumin in turmeric and substances that exist in the bitter andrographolide will be able to form a synergistic formula as a “cure cancer”. Formula combination of bitter and turmeric as anticancer aligned with herbal formula. The combination of these two materials so that both components can mutually support and complement the existing deficiencies in the bitter as well as in turmeric.
3. Lowers Hypertension Bitter compounds have complete among other substances andrographolide a bitter taste, alkaloid, and potassium. Andrographolide content of which can improve the body’s defense systems such as the production of white blood cells that attack bacteria and other foreign substances. High potassium in Bitter leaf useful to remove water and salt to treat hypertension. Potassium compounds provide efficacy to lower blood pressure. Results of experiments on the water decoction of bitter leaf 10% at a dose of 0.3 ml / kg body weight can lower blood sugar levels that are comparable to the provision of glibenclamide suspension. To reduce hypertension, we can use all of the parts or just the roots. To use it required: a half handheld of the fresh bitter leaf. The material is washed and boiled in 3 cups of water as much as usual. Boiling is carried out until the liquid is staying 3/4 her. Once filtered, as much as 3/4 cup cooking water is drunk. In one day we can drink it 2 times. It felt quite bitter.
4. Effective For Typhus Disease Bitter is also believed to be used as a medicine for typhus. Typhus is a disease caused by bacterial infection of the intestine and lymph nodes, and spleen. The incubation period of 5-14 days reach. How to take medicine: 10 gr bitter tubers and 5 gr mandarin orange peel and 15 grams of jail boil with 500 cc of water to the remaining 200 cc. Water is drunk to the child when the lukewarm as much as 2-3 times per day.
5. Overcoming Itching To treat itching: provide 1 gram of bitter leaf, 1 gram and 1 gram of ginger root fragrant. Blend all ingredients until smooth like powder. Dilute the mixture with water and then drunk 3 times a day.
6. Treating Malaria Malaria is a disease caused by the parasite plasmodium. To cure malaria, a handful of bitter leaf boiled in 4 cups of water. Allow up to 2 cups of water to stay alone. Drink 3 times a day.
7. Increase Endurance Bitter substances have the typical form of andrographolide. Besides andrographolide, also has panni colin substances. Based on two elements, the bitter leaf is named andrographis paniculate. Andrographolide and panni colin it is specific. Its main function is actually increasing endurance. So in the US, bitter patented as a medicine for AIDS. Generally to increase endurance, we can drink two cups a day of bitter herbs. How to make: 10 grams of dried leaves were given 4 cups of water and boil until 2 cups. Drink
8. Treating Appendicitis The bitter leaf can be used to treat appendicitis. The ingredients should be prepared to treat appendicitis is: bitter leaf 30 grams, 400 ml water, and 1 tablespoon of honey. boiled as much as 30 grams of bitter leaf that has been cleaned in 400ml water. Boil until the remaining half, then strain the cooking water before and add 1 tablespoon of pure honey. Once cool, this traditional herb drinks 3 times a day on a regular basis.
9. Treating Diabetes Andrographolide is the main active ingredient in bitter that serves to reduce levels of glucose in the blood. According to research, Munawara colleagues from Faculty of Pharmacy in 2004 that bitter leaf decoction can lower blood glucose levels in male rats. Here’s how to mix the bitter leaf and make Bitter leaf as a diabetes drug, bitter leaf approximately 5 grams of fresh leaves, pour 1 cup of hot water (boiled), after the cold and then filtered. Distillate then drinks daily two times as much, morning and evening after meals.
10. Overcoming Gallstones Gallbladder (Vesica fellea) is one organ that is small and shaped muscular pouch where emersion a bile, attached below the surface of the liver. The gall bladder at night will be filled with bile, and will be issued in the morning. The gall bladder can be impaired, among which the formation of stones in the gall bladder and the presence of inflammation. Ways of making obtain herbal remedy for gallstones from the bitter leaf: 30 grams of bitter fresh or 15 g of dry + 100 grams of corn silk + 30 grams meeting buffoonery (sliced) boiled with 800 cc of water until the remaining 400 cc, filtered, then the filtered water, add lemon juice and honey to taste, then taken to two times a day, every time 200 cc.
11. Treating Diarrhea In addition, it can be used to treat dysentery, the benefits of bitter leaf for another digestive is to manage diarrhea that we suffer, do the same by making a herbal concoction to overcome bacillary dysentery: take as much as 9-15 g of bitter leaf dried, then boiled in 3 cups water until the remaining 1 cup. After chilling filtered. Drink boiled water 2 times a day, each 1/2 cup.
12. Treating Bacillary Dysentery Bacillary dysentery disease is a disease of the gastrointestinal tract with the stools is known to contain blood with / without mucus. Shigella bacteria are the bacteria that causes bacillary dysentery. To fix this, you can mix the bitter leaf plant, the way is to take: 9-15 g of dried bitter leaf, then boiled in 3 cups of water until the remaining 1 cup. After chilling filtered. Drink boiled water 2 times a day, each 1/2 cup.
13. Treating Typhoid Typhoid is a disease caused by bacteria. consuming bitter leaf is able to kill the bacteria that cause typhoid. How to treat typhoid: washing 10-15 the bitter leaf, then boil with water, wait for it to boil and left to 1 cup, then remove and let cool water, then take water and pour the honey, then drink Do it this way with the routine by drinking three times a day, 1 cup.
14. Treating Tuberculosis Tuberculosis is a disease that attacks the lungs caused by tuberculosis bacillus. Lung disease is highly infectious airborne respiratory tract or through tuberculosis emitted during coughing. At first, a lung disease patients (tuberculosis) would develop inflammation of the lungs. Then increasingly pneumonia turned into sores and spread widely. For those patients with pneumonia, you can treat it by using herbal bitter leaf, the way was the same as the way to cure dysentery or diarrhea above, namely by taking 9-15 g of bitter leaf dried, then boiled in 3 cups of water until remaining 1 glass. After chilling filtered. Drink boiled water 2 times a day, each 1/2 cup.
15. Treat Respiratory Tract Infections respiratory tract infections are infections that invade the human respiratory tract. Respiratory infections can be caused by viruses, bacteria, or other organisms. Secondary bacterial infections can also occur in patients with upper respiratory tract infections or bottom. You can use the bitter leaf to treat it, the way is also the same as making potions for bacillary dysentery: take 9-15 g of dried bitter leaf, then boiled in 3 cups of water until the remaining 1 cup. After chilling filtered. Drink boiled water 2 times a day, each 1/2 cup.
.16. Treat Kidney Disease Kidney disease is a chronic disease that can be suffered. Kidney has an important function in the body, which functions as a filter. If kidney disease is left it will be fatal, it can even cause death. Materials needed: Fresh bitter leaf 30 grams or 15 grams of dried bitter leaf Leaf cat whiskers. Corn hair. All of the above ingredients boiled with 1 liter of water, reserving half a liter. Then drink the water.
17. Overcoming Ear Inflammation Ear inflammation can occur in any part of the outer ear (otitis externa) and the middle ear (otitis media). Acute ear inflammation is usually experienced by children. Treatment using bitter leaf: Take fresh bitter leaf Wash the bitter leaf, blender / puree Strain and take the water Drops of water on a sore ear as much as 3 drops Do 4-5 times a day
18. Overcome Appendicitis Disease appendicitis or commonly known as appendicitis occurs when the appendix (appendix) becomes inflamed and pus-filled swelling. This could be caused by a blockage by foreign objects (food) for food or foreign objects that are not easily digested. As a result of the blockage, then enlarged lymphoid tissue and enlargement (swelling) which is the means easy for bacteria to breed. Swelling in the appendix of this if not treated immediately may rupture, causing infection of the lining of the abdomen. The incident was referred to as peritonitis. How to made a treatment using bitter leaf: Ingredients First, provide twenty pieces of bitter leaf. Wash the bitter leaf nad then bitter leaf until finely ground. Then squeezed to take the juice. Consumed once depleted once a day. Second, prepare thirty grams of bitter leaf, honey and a tablespoon of water to boil 400 ml. Wash the bitter leaf and then boil it. let the water becomes half. Then enter the honey and stir well. Taken three times a day in a state of water is already cold. Do it regularly.
19. Treating Toothache Bitter leaf is also useful to treat a toothache, the way is to use: a fresh bitter leaf as much as 9-15 g boiled in 3 cups of water until the remaining 1 cup. After chilling filtered, then taken 2 times a day each 1/2 cup.
20. Treating Leptospirosis Bitter leaf able to treat infections such as leptospirosis. How it with given injections or tablets of bitter leaf extract
. 21. Treating Venom Insect s You can use the leaves and Tobacco Bitter taste. For maximum results, do it this way 2 times a day until the pain swelling and pain that arises is completely cured.
22. Treating Mouth Inflammation Bitter leaf is also efficacious for treating inflammation of the mouth, the way is by using a dry powder bitter herbs as much as 3 to 4.5 g brewed with hot water. When was cool add honey to taste and drink as well.
23. As a Drug For a Headache The bitter leaf can also be utilized to eliminate the headaches, the way is also the same as making herbs for influenza above, create dry powder of 1 g of bitter brewed with a cup of hot water. After a cold drink at once, Do it 3-4 times a day.
24. Influenza Drug Other benefits of bitter leaf to treat influenza. Influenza is not a dangerous disease, but we could have impaired breathing is difficult, even harder to sleep. To treat it using a dry powder of 1 g of bitter brewed with a cup of hot water. After a cold drink at once, Do it 3-4 times a day. Bitter Leaf For Healthy Skin The content andrografin, androfolit, and in a bitter panikulin a natural antibiotic. This content helps the body to reduce the risk of skin aging and againts the effects of free radicals. The bitter extract is able to increase the body’s defense against infection that lowers the quality of the organs in the body, including the skin tissue. There are a lot of skin problems, some skin problems can be cured with bitter leaf is:
25. Itching To treat itching, provide: 1 gram of bitter leaf, 1 gram and 1 gram of ginger root fragrant. Blend all ingredients until smooth like powder. Dilute the mixture with water and then drunk 3 times a day.
26. Prevent and Eliminate Acne Material: 2 lenglengan plant (leaves, stems, roots) 1 finger turmeric 1 finger rhizome of ginger ½ handheld bitter leaf How to make: Peel turmeric and ginger. Then wash all the ingredients. Boil all ingredients with 3 cups water to boil. After that fire is diminished and herb cooked until the water a half portion. Strain, give a little time to drink palm sugar / honey, stir and drink 2xsehari, every day.
27. Scabs Drying the bitter leaf to dry. Mash until smooth dried leaves and powder. Sprinkle powdered wounds and sores with the dry bitter.
28. Scabies Take a handful of leaves and sulfur bitter taste. Combine the two ingredients are then ground until smooth. Apply the mixture on the skin of the sick. Repeat the treatment until cured. Bitter Leaf Side Effects Bitter leaf safe to be consumed in the right amounts. Side effects that may arise in the form are loss of appetite, diarrhea, vomiting, rash, headache, runny nose, and fatigue. Dose Of Use Bitter Leaf Andrographolide content in the bitter leaf can be provided only about 4-6% only. The relatively varied bitter dose to 1,200 mg. Such as problems, fever, and tonsillitis, the dose is 40 mg per day. For children with disorders of the upper respiratory system about 30 mg for up to 10 days.